Kimpex Drive Sprocket (Sprocket teeth number: 54)
How to read the sprocket Charts?
1. Select desired model from the application chart referring to the Make, Model, Year column.
2. Stock size gearing of desired model is listed in column OEM Gearing.
3. All sprockets listed between top and bottom division lines fit selected model. Simply choose preferred ratio from selection guide column and than choose desired R.O.C. sprocket from the appropriate column to the right.
Gearing selection can affect acceleration, top speed and even handiling.
By changine front and rear sprockets you can alter your bike’s or your ATV's final drive ratio, which in part determines when speed for a given rpm. Gearing ratio refers to the ratio of the rear to front sprockets. For example, a stock Suzuki GSXR600 has a 16 tooth front sprocket, and a 45 tooth rear, for a ratio of 45/16, or 2.81. Substituting a larger front or smaller rear sprocket lowers the ratio (sometimes called “taller” gearing), resulting in more speed for a given engine rpm. Likewise, a smalle front or larger rear sprocket gives less speed for a given rpm (“shorter” gearing).
Performance numbers can be enhanced by sprocket selection to a certain extent, but the overriding factor is your engine’s power and its characteristics. Choosing the correct gearing optimizes your powerband usage, maximizing power delivered to your rear wheel for the given conditions.
Speed for a given set of sprockets is determined as follows:
Speed = (rpm X rear tire circumference X front sprocket) / (primary gear ratio X sixth gear ratio X rear sprocket X 1056)
A popular modification is to replace a stock machine’s 530 or 525 chain with a thinner and lignter 520 series chain and matching sprockets.
Sprocket teeth number: 54
Chain number: 428
Compatible Brand: Fits Yamaha
Shipping Within Canada
- Please allow for 6-12 days before shipment of online inventory and 1-3 days for in store inventory (Certain items may require more processing time)
- Free shipping is offered for any order over $49 that ships to select provinces of Canada (British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Ontario, Quebec, Newfoundland and Labrador, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, and Prince Edward Island)
- Shipping to the Northwest Territories, Nunavut, and Yukon will be standard shipping priced at check out
- Certain rural areas, large or bulky items, and heavy items may result in shipping fees outside of the free shipping discount.
- Please note we currently only ship within Canada. We do not ship internationally.